Our Moderation Policy has been set out below.
Community Use Policy
This Community Use Policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website: www.killingkittens.com (‘our site’). This Blog Use Policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site.
Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this Blog Use Policy, which supplement our Terms and Conditions of website use.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards as set out below
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam)
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs, unified threats, malicious software or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our Terms and Conditions of website use
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored
- any software used in the provision of our site
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with our site. You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts)
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions)
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory
- Promote sexually explicit material
- Promote violence
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person
- Be likely to deceive any person
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence
- Promote any illegal activity
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse
Interactive Blog Comments
You agree to use www.killingkittens.com blog (including message boards) in accordance with the following:
About Your Posts
- Contributions must be civil and tasteful
- No disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour: contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble
- No unlawful or objectionable content: unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable
- Be patient: users of all ages and abilities may be taking part in the relevant www.killingkittens.com blog
- No spamming or off-topic material. We don’t allow the submission of the same or very similar contributions many times. Please don’t re-submit your contribution to more than one discussion, or contribute off-topic material in subject-specific areas
- No advertising or promoting
- Contributions containing languages other than English may be removed
- No impersonation
- No inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive etc) user names
- URLs (web site addresses) can only be posted if allowed by www.killingkittens.com
- Deliberate misuse of any complaints facility on www.killingkittens.com is not permitted. If you persist in doing this, action may be taken against your account
We advise you to never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: telephone number, postal address, home address or email address or any other details that would allow you to be personally identified) in any www.killingkittens.com community
You may not submit or share any defamatory or illegal material of any nature in any www.killingkittens.com blog. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio.
Contributing material to a www.killingkittens.com blog with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
You agree to submit to or share with www.killingkittens.com blog only contributions which are your own original work. You must not violate, plagiarise, or infringe the rights of Killing Kittens Limited or third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
If You Are Under 18
You are NOT permitted to use our site.
Suspension & Termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this Community Use Policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this Community Use Policy constitutes a material breach of the Terms and Conditions of website use upon which you are permitted to use our site, and may result in our taking any or all of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site
- Issue of a warning to you
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach
- Further legal action against you
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this Blog Use Policy. The responses described in this Blog Use Policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to the Community Use Policy
We may revise this Policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this Policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.